Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Under the Weather

I have been feeling under the weather this week. My allergies have developed into a terrible sinus infection. Yuck. I went back to the doctor yesterday and I do have an antibiotic so that will hopefully kick this thing in the butt. My goal is to make it through the entire workday. Wish me luck!

Lots of fun things happened over the weekend, but I don't feel well enough to get into the specifics. I will say that we have had two house guests since Friday and they leave today. We were so thrilled to have Jason's cousin Sarah and her husband Aaron stay with us! They were so easy and just great to have at the house. I am sad to see them go and I hope they come again soon!

As you all know, Jason and I are really trying to get pregnant. I came across this today from the daily e-mail (Today's Gift) that my mother forwards me. The contact information for Today's Gift is todaysgift@hazelden.info if you would like to contact them yourself.

"It was the hardest two years of my life," a woman said. "So many painful, unexpected events happened. I felt so abandoned, so lost. I didn't understand what was happening, and I felt tortured by God and life. I didn't think it would ever end. But it did. Now I can look back on that time and say, Wow. Look at all I learned. There's nothing that life can bring my way that I can't handle and get through."

She learned self-confidence. But whether she's conscious of it or not, this woman is beginning to learn the value of trusting the process.

Sometimes we don't know what we're learning, or whether we're learning anything at all. It's easy to look back on a situation once it has worked itself out and be in awe of the process and all that we learned.
The time we most need to trust the journey is when it looks like we can't.


Just what I needed to see today. Have a great day everyone and be inspired!!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I hope those antibiotics kick butt and you feel better very soon.

I'm praying for you and Jason to get two pink lines very soon! Thanks for those words from Today's Gift. I needed to hear them too!

I love when you end your posts with "be inspired"! Its a great reminder each day!