Monday, August 31, 2009

Breakfast at the Gas Station

Good morning! This morning was the first morning of hospital + school drop off duty. Man...did I pull a total "Tina."

Aunt Linda showed me were the school was this morning and she also showed me were NOT to go. Apparently, it is crucial to NOT drive through the bus drop off. People get bent out of shape if you drive through were the buses drop off. YIKES. So, we did that and then headed to the Wabash Hospital to get Aunt Linda to her chemo appointment. She was a few minutes late, but we got her there! The girls were cute they wanted to watch her walk into the building before we could drive away. Madison (6 year old) said "I am going to miss her today." It was too cute.

I promised the girls McDonalds for breakfast with the stipulation that we would make "healthy choices" including apples + juice. Let's just say, one of the things on my to-do list today is to become better acquainted with my new surroundings. I never found McDonalds!

The girls were becoming increasingly concerned about being late to school so I finally decided to throw in the towel and have breakfast at a gas station located in a spot that enabled me to still make it to school on time. After Jason hears this story, he may change his mind about me being the mother of his future children. The choices were few and far between so the girls had juice (with some arguing from the youngest who wanted soda or pop as they call it in Indiana) and then they each had a donut while I had a slim fast bar. I am so disappointed in myself for not having a better breakfast for them. The entire time we are trying to find something in this SMALL gas station, Madison is telling me that she really wants a healthy choice. That came back to bite me in the butt! :)

The great thing about the gas station though is that it did have a few tables so we were able to sit and visit during breakfast. While we are finishing up, Allison (the 8 year old) proceeds to tell me that when you are late to school the teacher shows you her "angry face" and she sends you to the principal's office. I promised that no one would be visiting the principal's office today!

We were a few minutes early so the girls wanted to jam out to Rascal Flatts before school. We listened to 2 songs and then I dropped them off. They each wanted hugs and I told them to have a great day and showed them where I would be waiting when I picked them up. That was my favorite part of the morning! They are cuties. However, it is nice to have some quiet time now. Madison talks NONSTOP.

No comments: