Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Few and Far Between

So...my posts lately have been few and far between. I am sorry friends! My weekend went by way too quickly. I am so grateful that my Monday was relatively low key and low stress. What a relief!

My Zumba injury from last week has healed nicely and I plan to get back to Zumba class tonight. No more fancy moves for me! Man...did that hurt like you know what last week. Applying ice really does make a HUGE difference with pulled and strained muscles. I LOVE Zumba, but I have come to the realization that I am extremely uncoordinated and I could possibly dance like Elaine off of Seinfield just as my husband has pointed out to me a time or two. Oh well. I have fun, I burn tons of calories, and I am not the only one who doesn't look like our instructor when are in class!

Last week, I partnered with my Aunt Linda's sister-in-law and we started up a CaringBridge website for my Aunt Linda. If you are interested in keeping up with my Aunt's progress, you can access the website by clicking HERE and typing in lindambartoo. She did well with her treatment last week and she was pleasantly surprised that she did not get sick from the treatment! What a blessing! As she said to me, "I thought I would be worshiping the porcelain god, but I am not!" We are surprised and really grateful. Aunt Linda experienced some headaches, but overall, she is feeling pretty good. The girls are hanging in there and I am looking forward to spending an entire week with them next week. I must say, I think my husband is a little jealous that I will be cooking dinners every night for Mark and the girls! :) On Sunday he casually suggested for me to maybe go down on Tuesday or Wednesday instead. He is funny...and I am SURE he and Murphy will survive just fine. Hopefully he will not just dine on frozen pizzas and tater tots though. That is what usually happens when I take a day off and go to the gym or out to dinner with a friend! His parents are on standby for dinners and so are a few friends of ours. I don't think he will starve. I plan to spend the night before I leave baking and preparing what I can to make things a little easier on him. I will definitely miss Jason and Murphy next week, but absence does make the heart grow fonder!

Speaking of my husband, I received a really great "Generous Tip" last week that I thought I would pass along...

Pray practical. What does your husband want, need, or desire? Maybe it's something simple like energy for the day or maybe it's serious like a new job or the healing of a relationship. Just take a few minutes, think about your husband, and pray.

I urge that ... prayers ... be made on behalf of all men. 1 Timothy 2:1 NAS


I hope you all have a wonderful day and BE INSPIRED!

No comments: