Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Kindness of Strangers

It is amazing how God shines through and presents himself in my life.

I have been checking into gyms, exercise classes, and fitness networks located in Indiana for the past few days. I thought it would be great to be able to hit the gym a few of the days I am visiting my family next week. I looked into the Wabash YMCA to see how much a day pass would cost. $10.00 a day! My husband thought that was a little expensive. There is a fitness network about 25 minutes away that offers a free 7 day pass, but I wasn't really excited about that option and the pictures of the facility online were not really impressive. I was ok with the fact that I may just have to run next week (or attempt to) around the neighborhood for exercise. I mean - how can you beat FREE?!

This morning I used a Zumba class locator online through google. A class popped up on Tuesdays and Thursdays about the same time I currently take my class at home. It is only about 12 miles away so I thought that would be perfect. There was an option to contact the instructor and so I thought "what the heck - maybe she would allow me to pay per session and I could hit the class twice next week." Was I surprised when she e-mailed me back pretty quickly and told me that a free pass would be waiting for me at the desk next week for both classes! She also said she knows what it is like to have a loved one battling cancer since her husband died of cancer.

I couldn't believe the absolute kindness that jumped out of that e-mail.


Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths {Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)}. The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps {Proverbs 16:9 (ESV)}.

Have a wonderful day and be inspired!

2 comments:

irocm said...

That's awesome! What a nice gesture! Cori

TB said...

I agree with Cori! WOW! Teresa