
I am late posting this today, but better late than never!!!! Thank you Sonya for coming up with "Thankful Thursday!"
Here is my list for the week...
1) I am thankful for healthcare coverage. After attending a seminar this morning and being reminded of the estimated 46 million Americans, including 729,000 Missourians, that do not have health insurance coverage, I am reminded of how lucky I truly am (statistics from Cover Missouri). I know people in my own family and friends that go without health insurance. It would be a dream come true of every person in our country could have the health coverage they deserve. No one should have to worry about if they can afford to go to the doctor when they are sick.
2) I am thankful that I only pulled/strained a muscle last week and that it healed quickly. I was able to get back to Zumba class this week! I am thankful for all of the great advice I received from my little sister (massage therapist) and my Zumba instructor. Because of their advice, I am sure that is why I bounced back so quickly.
3) I am thankful for my connection with the De Soto Knights of Columbus. I think that connection, my friend Ray in particular, is going to save the day with giving us a location for the benefit! We have dates to go with now and we are getting close to having an actual date! It am getting excited!
4) I am thankful that I have healthy and functioning kidneys. Even though I get tired of taking bathroom breaks throughout my day, I need to just be grateful that my body is able to filter and expose of excess waste properly. I know several people who rely on dialysis to live and it is not an easy way of life.
5) I am thankful for the kindness of strangers.
6) I am thankful for each of you who take time out to read my blog posts. I hope you continue to visit and please leave a comment every now and then!
What are you thankful for this week? Remember, even when life is tossing curve balls your way and you don't know if you have the strength to keep your chin up, there is always ALWAYS something to be thankful for.
2 comments:
I am thankful for you Tina! TB
I too am so thankful for health care! More importantly, for God (Jehovah-Rapha) who speaks healing when we need it.
Blessings ~ Lisa
Post a Comment