Today I am a mess. One HOT MESS! I hurt myself in Zumba last night. I am not as flexible as I used to be. Oh...the joys of getting older! So I am spending the day off of my feet as much as possible + icing the injured area. FUN TIMES! :) It could always be worse and I just hope this has me sitting for a few days and not a few weeks. Time will tell!
________________________________________________________
Murphy stayed at the sitter/kennel over the weekend. His sitter said that he did great and just really likes to watch the other dogs and watch her. She said Murphy would just sit and wag his tail most of the time and when another dog acted out...Murph would have a look like "he is about to get into big trouble!" What a cutie!
When we picked him up on Sunday evening, we took him for a short walk and he proceeded to 1) urinate for like 5 minutes straight, 2) poop once in every neighbor's yard, 3) burp loudly 2 times, and 4) fart once in less than 10 minutes. I was appalled! Murphy apparently likes to do his business only in the comfort of his own home + neighborhood. I then had to go home and make the walk of shame throughout my subdivision cleaning up the evidence. FUN TIMES. Oh wait...embarrassing times! When I came back from the walk of shame, I decided that Murphy needed a bath. He always ends up needing a bath once he gets home from the kennel. He was smelly & his fur just felt dirty. It was not easy to bathe him by myself! I always end up drenched, but Murphy smelled like baby powder and his fur was so soft after his bath so it was totally worth it!
__________________________________________________________
I just recently started receiving the Generous Wife Tips again. I really love reading these daily tips. It is important to me to try to be a generous and honorable wife to my husband and I think it is just a nice reminder that one can always strive to do better. My opinion is that I will take all of the free help I can get my hands on! Enjoy!
When your husband finishes something he has put a great deal of time or effort into, be sure to let him know that he did well. Praise his diligence, hard work and dedication to finish what he started. That said, don't withhold your praise if you feel he has completed the job imperfectly or has taken too long to do it. If someone finishes a marathon they are praised even if they did not win and even if their running form was poor. In the same way, see dedication to finishing a task as praise worthy in and of itself.
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might. Eccleciastes 9:10 NAS
________________________________________________________
Last, but not least, I receive a bible verse of the day as well. This one in particular is going to go into a card I sent to my Aunt Linda this week.
The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.
Exodus 14:14 (NIV)
_________________________________________________________
I am looking forward to having dinner with my Mom tonight and listening to my little cousin, Brian, create beautiful music by way of guitar, keyboard, and his voice. I hope you all are going to do something enjoyable with your evening and that you will spend some quality time with a loved one. Have a wonderful day and be inspired!
No comments:
Post a Comment