Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Good Day

Yesterday was a GOOD day. Actually, it was a great day! I just love days like that.

My best friend gave birth to her first child. Everything went well, everyone is healthy, mom is exhausted but glowing, Mason has all ten fingers and toes + his daddy's face + his mommy's lips + his daddy's hands, and I think all three of them felt loved yesterday. It was amazing to watch new parents, people I have know for over 1/2 my life, take to parenting so well and so naturally. It suits them well. I have to stop now or I will cry AGAIN!

It was a good day!

Before I went to the hospital, I stopped by Toys R Us and Babies R Us. I was on a mission and I had several excellent coupons (I am the coupon QUEEN) and I had the afternoon off of work. Mason proved to be an excellent reason to take the afternoon off! I was able to find a Snow White Barbie Doll + a first Halloween jumper for Mason and guess what the bill came to? A candy bar. No kidding. I had 2 save $10.00 on your next purchase (because I am a proud owner of the Babies R Us + Toys R Us Mastercard - I highly recommend it) and I was so close on the $20.00 limit that I only needed a small purchase to bump me over. I used that as an "excuse" to have a chocolate treat. YUMMY! So my bill came to $0.82, 284 calories, and 27 grams of fat. It was expensive in regards to my diet, but it was a steal of a deal! My sis-in-law Cara couldn't believe it when I told her! I then shot over to Babies R Us to find brag books for the new grandmas and I had another successful purchase with my coupons. Both trips totaled to less than $6.00. Can I get an Amen? I shared this news with my husband later that evening and he couldn't believe it!

Jason and I threw dinner together quickly after I got home from the hospital. He couldn't shut me up as I told him every detail of the day! We had steak in Mason's honor - except I only had a bite so Jase could have a nice lunch (I really don't enjoy eating huge amounts of meat anyway), asparagus cooked in chicken broth and soy sauce (try it...so yum), I had a salad, and a miniature baked potato. The steak was incredibly fatty and the potato was extra small (much to Jason's dismay) so I suggested that we be CRAZY and drive to the ice cream shop in our neighboring town of Hillsboro (there is a new Richard's Custard). He laughed at me...but if you know us...we just don't go out during the week so a spontaneous trip to the custard shop is seriously crazy for us! I also said we should take Murphy, too, but Jason said that would be too crazy.

HA!

We ordered vanilla ice cream (I know...we couldn't get any crazier if we tried) and the one I ordered we brought home for Murphy. He LOVED it of course, and then I became a worry wort about him having a reaction to all of the dairy he consumed. I then went on to watch him like a hawk. I worry too much. The pup is FINE. He also dined on 1/2 of Jason's steak since it was lots of fat so Murph ate like a king last night. Heck, he had to get in on the specialness of the day, too! This dog couldn't be any more spoiled.

It was a good day!

1 comment:

TB said...

Congrats and Blessings to your friend :) How wonderful you are able to share in her joy and already see baby mason! :) Love to you :) T

PS thanks for the unconditional support you give me--you make me feel so loved!