Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Comings and Goings

Last week I ended with being very excited about my cooking class. Well, it was a HUGE success and I walked away with a very valuable tool...I now know how to make great pie crust. Believe me...this is a HUGE deal and my husband was equally excited! I was charged with making the Carmelized Orange Tart. I learned so much about making desserts that evening. The tips the Chef gave me concerning dessert making was that 1) You NEVER touch the pie dough with your hands because of the heat your body gives off; 2) You should never soften butter or shortening or margarine in the microwave for the same reason - heat; 3) After the dough ingredients are mixed up (using available tools) you should grab some plastic wrap and wrap up your dough so that you can mix the ingredients well; 4) Place the dough in the freezer (still in the plastic wrap) for about 10-15 minutes; 5) Use parchment paper to roll out the dough. These tips ensure AWESOME pie crust!

Friday evening I fell down my basement steps. Oh my gosh...did that hurt like heck. I have the largest bruise on my toosh that I have EVER had. I am so glad I wasn't hurt worse with broken bones or a head injury. I did get lucky!

I am also officially done with school. WHOO-HOO!!!! I cannot wait to walk in the graduation ceremony on December 11th. I can't believe I am finally finished!

So...I was summoned for Jury Duty and was selected yesterday to be part of the jury. I am juror #11 and should be in court all week. It is funny because my boss warned me on Thursday that I could be gone all week and I did not believe him. So...when I called him yesterday to confirm that I would indeed be out of the office all week, he laughed - I know he wanted to tell me "I told you so." I am actually very ok with being picked, I think it will be an interesting case, but I think the decision in the end is going to be a tough one. It isn't an open and closed case. Yesterday, the jury selection process took all morning, we were able to get through opening statements, and we did get through our first witness, which was the plaintiff. Today, we will hear from more of the prosecutor's witnesses and we will be presented with more evidence. I will now know what my best friend is talking about when she tells me court stories - so that part is nice! It is MUCH different in real life than on TV. It takes all week to reach a decision rather than 1 hour!

Not only does today bring another visit to the courthouse, but it is also my 2nd Wedding Anniversary!

I hope you all are having a great week!

1 comment:

TB said...

Happy A day :) We love you and J!