Pink has always been my favorite color. I love pink...for it's femininity, for it's relationship to romance, and because it is just sweet and makes me smile.
My fave movie of all is time "Steel Magnolias." Shelby's wedding is centered around the colors blush and bashful. When Shelby dies, her mom, M'Lynn, ends the movie by saying Shelby would be "tickled pink" if Annelle named her first baby after Shelby.
Tickled pink was my planned title to this post. Why did I change the title?
Because...we are having a little BOY!
Ever since we found out last week, I have been looking at blue in a whole new light. Now don't get me wrong, pink is still my fave, but I have a whole new love for the color blue.
Our ultrasound last week could not have gone any better. I was on pins and needles just because my last hospital ultrasound was not a fun one. I was trying to read the tech's facial expressions the entire time. She was so nice. She told us our babe was really photogenic. They were able to get terrific pictures of everything they needed to. He had the hiccups, which was so cute, but also made me feel bad! The tech giggled when our babe started playing with his hands and during one point he looked like he was praying. Precious!
The first thing Jason asked when she jellied up my belly and started looking around was if the baby was a boy or a girl. He couldn't stand the anticipation! I saw early on what I thought to be a boy identifying mark, but I kept quiet. At the end of the session she zoomed in on his little wee-wee and there was no doubt about it that we were having a little boy! You could not stop Jason from smiling. He was thrilled!
It was one of those days that you just don't forget.
The icing on the cake was when I spoke to the office nurse practitioner the next day concerning the results of the ultrasound and all of his measurements. I wanted to cry when she said that our baby is 100% healthy. That was music to my ears! We truly have so much to be thankful for.
1 comment:
Just found your blog. Congratulations on finding out you are having a healthy baby boy.
It is so much fun preparing for a new blessing. Hope you are feeling great and having fun getting everything together. Any names yet?Many Blessings,
Post a Comment