Saturday, July 21, 2012
Getting Back to It
I have been going through my old blog posts and enjoying seeing what I used to write about before my blog became a blog full of pictures of Landon. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Landon and want to share his cuteness with everyone who has eyes, but I know that I used to write about all kinds of things and I want to get back to doing that. I want to get back to the way this blog was years ago...with some improvements...and with an additional subject matter - Landon.
So...I was reading posts from 2009 and I came across THIS one. I can't believe that it was exactly what I needed to read at this time. Especially with my pending surgery coming up in one week. I will take these words with me that day...
Sometimes we want something very badly and when we don't get it, we feel desperate or very disappointed. However, life continuously points us in directions we hadn't expected. Disappointment can serve to reset our lives. Not getting our desires, if we keep our eyes open, points us in directions that can be better than what we had imagined for ourselves.
Today I will be open to the new directions that life points me toward. (Hazelden)
I am going to try to be open to the new direction my life is taking me. I am going to try to be comforted by the fact that God has me exactly where he wants me to be. I am thankful for my family of four (Murphy is of course included!). I am one lucky and blessed girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was so beautiful.
Post a Comment