Friday, August 17, 2012

Playing catch up again!

Happy Friday!  I have been spending a good portion of the week getting organized and decluttering my office and home.  I cannot believe how dirty my work space was.  It is kind of or actually REALLY embarrassing that I have not cleaned it out sooner.

I guess the last time I posted a catch-up post, I talked about Landon's upcoming parties and baking LOTS of cupcakes.  Well, his birthday has come and gone, it went by way too quickly for me and Jason, and it was lots of fun.  Landon made out in the gift department of course.  I think his favorite gifts are his BBQ grill, Sesame Street books, Little Tikes lawn mower, and his Little Tikes gas pump.  He really likes all of his gifts though.  Our new favorite DVD for the car is Toy Story and we are becoming acquainted with Buzz Lightyear and Woody. :) Landon fulfilled his sweet tooth with three separate birthday cakes - all Elmo style of course!  The party we had at our house was a success.  Although I overdid it because I was still healing from my surgery, I woke up the next day feeling great and I was even able to pick up Landon!  As you could see from my pictures on the post "Bits From My Weekend", we celebrated Landon's actual birthday at our lake lot on Tablerock Lake.  Landon had a BLAST and was sad when we had to go home.  I love it that he LOVES being at the lake.  It is so relaxing there and it forces Jason and I to slow down and enjoy each other.

Uncle Matt & Aunt Cara have invited Landon to spend the night tonight so I am finding myself kid and husband free for the evening.  I may have dinner with my Dad, grocery shop, and workout.  That would be a nice relaxing evening!

Tomorrow, we have plans to clean.  I hope to get back up to the hospital to visit one of my best friends (Shannon) - she just had a baby girl yesterday.  I made it to the hospital to visit last evening, but I would like to make it up there one more time before she heads home and things get hectic.  Landon and I are meeting another friend for lunch (Holly) and we are having a third friend (Betsy) over for dinner!  It is gonna be a busy day!

Sunday is going to be my day to rest and recover.  We plan to go to church and to grocery shop, but other than that, it is a pretty open day.  Looking forward to that, too!  Maybe I can even squeeze in a nap!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Take good care!

1 comment:

Britne said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!!!! :-)