Friday, July 3, 2009

TGIF

Thank God it is Friday - no joke! This has been a LONG week. Jason is off today and I am slaving away at work. Well, maybe not totally slaving away. How about killing time until 4:30pm rolls around, which will mark the 10 DAYS OFF I will be enjoying with my sweet husband! Can you tell that I am SO excited????

We did receive news late last night that my Great Aunt Ott passed away yesterday evening. I am glad that she was surrounded by family and that she was in the comfort of her own home. It is comforting to know that her last moments were peaceful.

I was able to sleep in this morning (a little - if you consider 5:00am as sleeping in). As I was rushing around getting ready, our bird friend was singing VERY loudly (like she does every morning) and I was able to hear her beautiful song since we slept with the windows open. I tried to walk into our bathroom very quietly and then my husband says "I want to shoot that stupid bird!" I couldn't help but giggle to myself. Poor Jason!

I am looking forward to rest, relaxation, and lots of sun! I hope to come back to work with a refreshed attitude, a nice tan, and a smile on my face! I plan to post something special tomorrow since July 4th was our due date for Baby Peanut. Other than tomorrow's special post, I will likely not be back until late next week. It is time to unplug, spend time with Murphy, layout by a pool reading a book, enjoy my husband...and work on baby #2!

Have a Happy 4th of July everyone and please remember to say a prayer for those who protect our freedom.

Be inspired!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm sooooo glad you get to go and enjoy your vacation!! 10 days off with Jason sounds like a wonderful retreat! I can't believe you think sleeping in is 5 AM!? What time do you normally wake up woman? I love the peaceful singing of birds in the morning, but I may have to agree with Jason that 5 AM is a little toooooo early.

My thoughts are with you and your family. What a blessing that you got to visit with her recently and that she was peaceful in her passing.

I'll be praying for you tomorrow as Baby Peanut's due date comes.

Happy Fourth of July!

Kim said...

Hi Tina - Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I found you on McKmama's blog and see that you live in Desoto...I live in High Ridge. Just wanted to connect with another St. Louis blogger. I pray you have a blessed 4th of July.

In Christ,
Kim Ritter
www.followthefish.blogspot.com

TB said...

TMI :):):)

Enjoy your RELAXATION!!!!!!!